The large-scale use of steel knives began in the Wei, Jin, Southern and Northern Dynasties (220-589 AD). Afterwards, Iron cladding knives were the protagonists in the Chinese kitchen. All-steel kitchen knives became popular in Chinese cuisine until the steel-making technology got prevalent. A large body, thin front with thick back, and high-carbon steel are the features of modern Chinese kitchen knives.
A versatile knife – the front part can be used for cutting, slicing and the back for chopping. There is no polishing needed and very easy to maintain. Thus, it has won the heart of chefs.
A traditional Chinese kitchen knife, though being rough and without a superb look, is perfectly integrated with our Chinese cuisine after nearly a thousand years of evolution. Chefs used this blunt-looking kitchen knife to invent the “Twelve Basic Knife Skills” plus other complicated carving techniques. Chinese traditional chefs always say, “you can win bread everywhere with a kitchen knife”.
Advantages: hard enough, no need to polish frequently, anti-rust
Disadvantages: longer time to sharpen, heavier.
1. Each blade has a 5° outward tilt to increase the contact surface between the blade and the food.
2. The natural arc on the front and back of the blade makes the knife move more easily between the bone and the meat.
3. Every smear on the knives is the mark left by the hammer on the knives. This is the knife’s unique totem from fire and steel.
4. Its dark, black color and traditionally textured wooden handles highlight the historical depth of the knife.
We allow 24 hours after a client places an order before the order is processed and shipped. Clients have 24 hours to notify our team regarding any changes they wish to make to their order. Click here for further details.
Once the tool has been used, it cannot be returned. Click here for full set of instructions.
Traditional forged kitchen knives rust if they are not maintained properly.
* Wipe it clean immediately after each use.
* After each use, you may use boiling water to pour it, then wipe it clean to prevent rust.
* After each use, clean it, wipe the blade with a piece of ginger, which can sterilize the knife and prevent rust.
* After each use, clean, soak in light salt water, and then wipe it clean.
* If the knife is not used for a long time, clean it and apply a layer of cooking oil on it to prevent rust.
* You may use a stainless steel scourer, or a piece of sandpaper (sandpaper Grit 1000) to wipe and polish the rusted areas. Then, wash the knife, dry it, and apply a layer of cooking oil on top to avoid further rusting.
This is a kitchen knife that can do both chopping and cutting. But it can’t be used for camping.
All the knives of Rong Ai are forged and polished manually.
After receiving the tool, its surface can be cleaned easily by some detergent, the kind that you use to wash your dishes. It can be used right after cleaning. If it is not used immediately, please wipe it dry, then apply a small amount of cooking oil to prevent rust.