Some About Cloudibow – Chinese Traditional Ironclad Cleavers
China has more than two thousand years of using ironclad knives. In order to save the use of steel, clipping steel was invented. Later, it was found that ironclad knives are lighter, more flexible, sharper, easier to polish and use. Ironclad knives were also popularized and used on a large scale. For a long time afterward, ironclad knives have taken the leading part among Chinese kitchen knives.
A good ironclad knife is the favorite of Chinese cooks and butchers. If you look closely, traditional Chinese cooks and butchers have a dark, discreet ironclad knife. Why? Thanks to its lightweight, sharp edge, and good flexibility, it is more performative to cut all kinds of food materials.
A good ironclad knife is difficult to forge, it’s easy to fail and it takes longer time. The most important thing to make a good ironclad knife is an experienced master. That’s why Chinese cooks/butchers all use their ironclad knives like their only treasure.
Forging an ironclad knife needs to burn more coke and complex quenching materials. Perhaps one day in the future, this traditional tool will be abandoned from the scene of Chinese Kitchen knives for some reason. But we should still be thankful. After all, we can still use this seemingly simple tool that has dominated among Chinese kitchen knives for two thousand years.
Advantages: light, flexible, sharper and easy to polish, handy and butcher’s favorite.
Disadvantages: rusts more easily, blackens after a long time of use, the blade needs to be polished regularly to keep the sharpness.
1. Each blade has a 5° outward tilt to increase the contact surface between the blade and the food.
2. The natural arc on the front and back of the blade makes the knife move more easily between the bone and the meat.
3. Every smear on the knives is the mark left by the hammer on the knives. This is the knife’s unique totem from fire and iron.
4. Its dark, black color and traditionally textured wooden handles highlight the historical depth of the knife.
We allow 24 hours after a client places an order before the order is processed and shipped. Clients have 24 hours to notify our team regarding any changes they wish to make to their order. Click here for further details.
Once the tool has been used, it cannot be returned. Click here for full set of instructions.
Traditional forged kitchen knives rust if they are not maintained properly.
* Wipe it clean immediately after each use.
* After each use, you may use boiling water to pour it, then wipe it clean to prevent rust.
* After each use, clean it, wipe the blade with a piece of ginger, which can sterilize the knife and prevent rust.
* After each use, clean, soak in light salt water, and then wipe it clean.
* If the knife is not used for a long time, clean it and apply a layer of cooking oil on it to prevent rust.
* You may use a stainless steel scourer, or a piece of sandpaper (sandpaper Grit 1000) to wipe and polish the rusted areas. Then, wash the knife, dry it, and apply a layer of cooking oil on top to avoid further rusting.
This is a kitchen knife that can do both chopping and cutting. But it can’t be used for camping.
All the knives of Rong Ai are forged and polished manually.
After receiving the tool, its surface can be cleaned easily by some detergent, the kind that you use to wash your dishes. It can be used right after cleaning. If it is not used immediately, please wipe it dry, then apply a small amount of cooking oil to prevent rust.