You may be a fan of Li ZiQi, and you’re here because you are curious about her “versatile” kitchen knife(Li ZiQi Knife).
You may be a fan of Chinese traditional culture and you are here because you would like to learn more about the culture.
You may also be a hobbyist of knives, and you want to know more about how Chinese traditional kitchen knives are forged.
You might as well be a foodie, a Chinese food lover, or a housewife. And you wonder how this traditional kitchen knife turns ingredients into delicious dishes.
Anyway, no matter why you’re here, BANYAN of Rong Ai 荣爱 promises you – it is incredibly tough, and it can ‘hold up’ all your expectations.
For the new “Banyan”, we have made the following improvements:
* It is lighter and more comfortable to grasp, you can now deal with heavier food ingredients with ease.
* Its handle and body have now a smoother transition and a more comfortable grip.
* The front of the blade is polished to be sharper, and can better show its combined functions of chopping and cutting.
* The front opening of the handle is smaller. The transition is smooth, which makes it more comfortable for the index finger when holding the knife for a long time.
More About Banyan
The Banyan 7.4″meat cleaver, a single blade and a full tang, makes tough jobs easy in your kitchen. Chop roast chickens, a rack of ribs or stock bones cleanly and effortlessly with this heavy-duty cleaver. The cleaver is forged from a single piece of hard carbon steel.
Around 4″ height of blade, thick spine, and thin and sharp cutting edge. All of these allows you to use a professional pinch grip for more control and less fatigue when breaking down large cuts of meat. Cut like a Pro with this ultimate cleaver. The Banyan is born for traditional Chinese kitchen.
-Manufactured in Sichuan, China.
-High carbon steel.
-Forged from a single-piece of solid steel.
-Traditional quenching technology.
-Several steps to sharpen edge ensuring ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability.
-A full tang provides maximum comfort and stability while cutting.
-Stamped with RONG.AI(荣爱) logo.
We allow 24 hours after a client places an order before the order is processed and shipped. Clients have 24 hours to notify our team regarding any changes they wish to make to their order. Click here for further details.
Once the tool has been used, it cannot be returned. Click here for full set of instructions.
Traditional forged kitchen knives rust if they are not maintained properly.
* Wipe it clean immediately after each use.
* After each use, you may use boiling water to pour it, then wipe it clean to prevent rust.
* After each use, clean it, wipe the blade with a piece of ginger, which can sterilize the knife and prevent rust.
* After each use, clean, soak in light salt water, and then wipe it clean.
* If the knife is not used for a long time, clean it and apply a layer of cooking oil on it to prevent rust.
* You may use a stainless steel scourer, or a piece of sandpaper (sandpaper Grit 1000) to wipe and polish the rusted areas. Then, wash the knife, dry it, and apply a layer of cooking oil on top to avoid further rusting.
This is a kitchen knife that can do both chopping and cutting. It can be used for camping.
All the knives of Rong Ai are forged and polished manually.
After receiving the tool, its surface can be cleaned easily by some detergent, the kind that you use to wash your dishes. It can be used right after cleaning. If it is not used immediately, please wipe it dry, then apply a small amount of cooking oil to prevent rust.
* When you first get your new pair of chopsticks, rinse them with water, then soak in salt water (under normal temperature) for about 4 hours, place them in a cool place to dry and avoid exposure to the sun.
* After drying, spread some cooking oil/olive oil evenly on the chopsticks, let them dry in air for 8 hours, so that they fully absorb the oil and complete the maintenance process. Finally, use some detergent to clean the excess oil before use.